You Are Reading

0

Mission: Bus Boys & Poets - Complete

Andrew "Prophecy" Harewood Wednesday, August 4, 2010

FINALLY...
It's been a long time coming, but today, I can stand and say I have poured my heart across the stage of "Bus Boys & Poets" - The legendary cafe established in Washington D.C. by none other than the great Langston Hughes.

Anybody that has known me for longer than two summers can tell you, the infamous "Bus Boys & Poets" on the corner of 14 and V. in Washington D.C. has been in my "To-Do-List." And with that, many of them KNOW my struggles and experiences I've had with it, in the duration of the two years I've been living here in the DMV. (including getting as close as to having my name on the list to spit, and than having it COMPLETELY overlooked).

But,
about 3 weeks ago, a homie from out of town rolled into the D.C. area (shoutout to Sharea) and purchased me a ticket the show that coming Tuesday night. I honestly had no intent on performing, however, any poet can tell you that you hardly EVER prepare to perform when you do. So with that, I was FORCED into overcoming my pride and fear, and once again placing my name the same list that has seen the likes of poetic greats across history (i know.. i'm really spicing this up).

With that said,
it was my first time performing all summer, due to the on going labor on the #8thofNovember project. It was a bit rusty, but all in all, according to Sharea, the crowd LOVED me. (She had to convice me, because my ego made me feel as if I was trash, due to my lack of rehearsal).

I'm just glad that, although a very minor step, I can say that I'm that closer of a step, to reaching my goals and dreams *fist pump* _x

0 comments:

Post a Comment